In the midst of the current COVID-19 pandemic, my personal story of our family’s survival of the 1957-1958 Asian Flu comes to mind. Continue reading
My expectations for 2019 didn’t pan out. Oh, for sure it was a good year as far as the usual subjects of weather, health, relationships, and personal growth …
But the most important event I was looking for did not happen. Jesus did not come.
Most of you all are busy enjoying New Year activities today and I get that. So I decided to keep this as brief as possible. Mom and I are relaxing too. We were up late watching fireworks displays on TV from around the world last night. It was very entertaining and downright spectacular.
Then quite unexpectedly Mom said, “Wouldn’t it be great if the world celebrated the birth of Jesus at Christmas with as much enthusiasm?”
My heart just skipped a beat and those familiar Holy Spirit tinglings shot through me.
“Yes, Mom,” to her spontaneous remark.
We sort of lost interest in the TV soon after that and called it a night.
So here is my expectation – my hope – for 2020:
- I am praying that Jesus comes this year – PRAISE GOD!!
- I am trusting God for the promised GREAT AWAKENING in 2020 – THANK YOU, LORD!!
- All the usual good health, joy and peace this new year for my family, friends, fellow believers in Christ, and you readers of course!
- A national repentance and turning back to Jehovah God Almighty.
- In JESUS Name, MARANATHA 2020! MARANATHA 2020!
- And may there be THE BIGGEST FIREWORKS SHOWS WORLDWIDE AT THE SECOND COMING OF OUR LORD – or next Christmas, whichever comes first. Selah.
Share your expectations for 2020 in the comments. I would love to read them!
THANK YOU for following Importantstuff.Live previously and in 2020. Your encouragement fills my heart with true joy. My love to All and God’s blessings and prosperity for you and yours in 2020.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Our Christmas lights are up, but they just don’t seem to be shining as brightly as before. It’s me – I know. I rose early thinking if I caught the sunrise it would perk me up as it usually does, but … Continue reading
But he who sows righteousness will have a sure reward. ~ Proverbs 11:18b
There is so much said on both sides of the abortion issue. Personally, I am pro-life. Yet, when it comes to abortion, whose life is it anyway? Continue reading