Mom recently revealed that Dad shared the Gospel with Russians when he was at work out on the oil platform. He spoke Russian to them! As far as we knew, he only spoke English at home. Continue reading
Month: January 2020
Australia | Prayers
A recent post from Australia requesting prayers:
SHARED FROM AUSTRALIA – SOS ALERT
🙏🏻PRAYER CALL🙏🏻: For those who aren’t already aware, my country, Australia has been battling an apocalyptic firestorm the likes of which the world has never seen.
So far, over 12 million acres have been burnt to ash, an area the size of Vermont and New Hampshire combined. That’s over 6x the size of the Amazon fires and 50x the California fires.
The firestorm is of such enormous magnitude, that the smoke plume alone is currently about 1.3 billion acres, or half the size of Europe, and is drifting over 1,000 miles across the pacific ocean to our neighbouring country, New Zealand, where it is choking and yellowing their skies.
Half a billion animals have been burned alive, many being trapped and unable to flee, with the threat of extinctions also being reported.
At least a third of the already vulnerable Koala population has been decimated.
Many places and townships facing the inferno have been forced to evacuate, including a small town my family holds property in, having many friends living there, all told to leave and find somewhere safe to stay, some unfortunately lost their home yesterday, including the nearby holiday resort which was destroyed as well, undoubtably this will impact the local economy in the interim, which is heavily reliant on seasonal demand related to the resort. Despite the losses, thankfully most of the town still remains standing. Enough thanks cannot be given to the local fire volunteers for saving what remains of the town and who continue to selflessly put themselves on the line.
With fires engulfing the country and even predicted to worsen as the summer period continues, various peak heatwave times are still yet to arrive. Heatwaves usually peak in the middle and end of summer, so as bad as it is, the worst might still be yet to come.
Most Australian firefighters (heroes) are unpaid volunteers and the nation’s official emergency response to the crisis has been severely underfunded and poorly resourced, drawing much anger and frustration at the government.
The gravity of the Australian fire situation is unprecedented and not like anything seen before.
Coastal cities have witnessed black ash falling everywhere from above, sun, moon and skies blood red, with some places even turning black as night during the day. Truly end of the world vibes being felt here and many people openly talking of such things.
Its pretty dire circumstances, with an increasingly recessionary economy, persistent lack of rain, especially where needed, severe drought, cattle culling, farmers committing suicide, and now all this combined with an apocalyptic firestorm.
Australia, a country having a generous reputation of giving so much in foreign aid over the years, now finds itself being the one in need of such aid. Furthermore Australia, rightly or wrongly, has fought loyally alongside our Anglo-American allies through every single armed conflict in our history, side by side through thick and thin, without fail. Many of our graveyards are littered with the memorial of young men who fought and died in the wars of our allies. Many of these young men even fibbed about their age in order to enlist and do their part, like my great grandfather, an underage enlisted soldier who became a stretcher bearer, running out onto the open battlefield with bullets flying, completely unarmed trying to save the wounded. You will not find a more fiercely loyal nation than Australia. That is a fact.
And Australia, that always loyal friend, is now in severe crisis, needing all the help they can get. For those able to help even if just a little, donations can be made to the NSW Rural Fire Service, these are the heroes putting themselves on the frontline defending homes and people from the fire.
Also please pray for us 🙏🏻
Prayers have immense power. If I could personally suggest a few prayer points pertinent to the current state of our nation, they would be as follows:
– Pray for the firefighters, the emergency services and everyone volunteering themselves on the front lines.
– Pray to turn the hearts of Australia’s people back to our Father, to a remembrance of Him and to righteousness.
– Pray to turn the hearts of Australia’s leaders to our Father, to a remembrance of Him and to righteousness, OR to remove and replace them with such as do, whichever is quicker.
– Pray that healing waters get to where needed most, also to our drought stricken farms, our crops, our cattle, our catchments, and that any malevolent roadblocks hindering the paths of these waters be utterly defeated.
– Pray that dried up Aquifers be restored and rightly retuned to the Australian people, not multinational corporations.
– Pray that vital dried up river systems and water catchments be restored and rightly retuned to the Australian people, not multinational corporations.
– Pray for the repeal of the many unrighteous laws recently passed through Australia’s parliaments by a wicked and godless body politic, for example such as effecting the innocent unborn, the sanctity of life, concerning the breakdown of traditional family values and regarding the mass selloff of Australia’s vital strategic sovereign assets to hostile foreign interests.
– Pray that Australia’s people be released from the corrupt stranglehold of its current lobbyist controlled two party political system, and that righteous God-fearing believers be placed in positions of leadership.
– Pray that the full integrity of Australia’s fundamentally Christian Constitutional system of governance and law be restored. Including liberty and justice.
– Pray that corrupt courts and judges be replaced with righteous courts and judges.
– Pray that all bribes and corruption against the Australian people be brought to light and held accountable.
– Pray that the wicked and corrupt be removed from all the halls of power within Australia at every level. Each and every one of them.
– Pray that the mass sellout of Australia’s agricultural and finite strategic water resources to multinational and Chinese state owned corporations be halted, reversed, challenged and defeated.
– Pray that all corrupt politicians and lobbyists be fully exposed and held accountable, and that righteous God fearing ones be their replacements.
– Pray to expose and remove the bonds of hidden oppression burdening the Australian people, namely that of foreign multinational corporations who pay no tax and are controlled by hidden ‘beneficial owners’ through ‘nominee’ holding arrangements, aka ‘the mighty men of the earth’ who ‘hid their oppression’ (Enoch 102:14). Many of these mega corporations suck the wealth and resources dry out of Australia whilst paying literally zero tax, yet the people (slaves) are the ones who are paying such high taxes unfairly. Truly a modern day slavery Egypt type scenario. Let my people go.
– Pray for the REMOVAL of “Those who plunder and devour us; those who diminish us, and HIDE THEIR OPPRESSION; who remove not their yoke from us, but devour, enervate, and slay us; who conceal our slaughter, nor remember that they have lifted up their hands against us.” – Enoch 102:14
– Pray that a strong plant of righteousness would begin to grow in Australia. That wickedness would retreat and that righteousness would overcome in victory.
– Pray that the righteous be empowered in all good things no matter what the circumstances, and that the rule of the wicked be diminished and defeated wherever righteousness be found, and that the righteous gain ground and the wicked lose ground.
– Pray to protect and strengthen those of the righteous remnant elect living within Australia during these times, whoever and wherever they are, that nothing, including these fires will by any means harm them.
– Pray that the righteous in Australia bare much fruit for the sake of the Kingdom to come.
– Pray that other nations come to Australia’s aid and support during this time.
– Pray that wonderful testimonies of miraculous and divine intervention in the midst of these events may turn many hearts to God.
– Pray that all things work together for good to those in Australia who love Him, to those who seek Him and His righteousness and his commandments.
Notably, amidst all the chaos, there have already been some inspiring stories emerging of people and homes miraculously escaping the inferno.
One miracle story that gained national attention took place in eastern Victoria. On New Year’s Eve, 4,000 people were evacuated from the township of Mallacoota to the beach and lakeside. David, a local bed-and-breakfast owner, told this story to ABC radio:
“I was praying. I was an atheist. I was praying to God, praying to Jesus, turn the wind. You wouldn’t believe it—but I’m going to tell you the honest-to-God truth. It pushed this thing back against itself.
“Literally we felt the wind come from off the beach, it shouldn’t have, but it did, but it went back at it. I don’t care if anyone else doesn’t recognise it. It was unbelievable… I believe [it was] God’s intervention, absolutely, through prayer…”
An amazing story of an atheist turned believer through the miraculous intervention of answered prayer.
Remembering Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego also prayed in the midst of the fire, therefore so should we. 🙏🏻
As we see many of these troubling things occurring now, and not just in Australia, but all across the world, we should not be entirely troubled and surprised, but perhaps also expectant and excited at the prospect of our approaching King, looking forward to the righteous renewal of our world under his millennial rule, because such as these things are clearly escalating signs of the times in what was long ago foretold, all the more reason we should each one of us be watching and praying always, as the end draws ever closer like a thief in the night, and as the branches and leaves of the fig tree begin to sprout, as Messiah draw ….
That is all the link would give me, but you get the gist of it…
I join prayerfully with Pure Glory that God will turn disaster into a great spiritual awakening across Australia and the globe.
Father Almighty, today we stand in agreement of prayer with our brothers and sisters in Christ living in Australia and around the world. We call the nations to repentance and to righteousness according to Your Word; for healing of those struggling to survive the calamities, and for comfort to the families of those lost. Protect the remaining wildlife and all firefighters from danger.
We give praise and believe in Jesus for the victory by His power. Amen.
Photo Credit: © Can Stock Photo / bennymarty
Follow Jesus | Baptism Pleases God
Beloved, have you been baptized? It pleases God very much when you believe in His Son, Jesus, and then get baptized.
and the Holy Spirit, in bodily form, descended on Him like a dove. And a voice from heaven said, “You are my dearly loved Son, and You bring Me great joy.” ~ Luke 3:22 NLT
Expectations | New Year 2020
My expectations for 2019 didn’t pan out. Oh, for sure it was a good year as far as the usual subjects of weather, health, relationships, and personal growth …
But the most important event I was looking for did not happen. Jesus did not come.
Most of you all are busy enjoying New Year activities today and I get that. So I decided to keep this as brief as possible. Mom and I are relaxing too. We were up late watching fireworks displays on TV from around the world last night. It was very entertaining and downright spectacular.
Then quite unexpectedly Mom said, “Wouldn’t it be great if the world celebrated the birth of Jesus at Christmas with as much enthusiasm?”
My heart just skipped a beat and those familiar Holy Spirit tinglings shot through me.
“Yes, Mom,” to her spontaneous remark.
We sort of lost interest in the TV soon after that and called it a night.
So here is my expectation – my hope – for 2020:
- I am praying that Jesus comes this year – PRAISE GOD!!
- I am trusting God for the promised GREAT AWAKENING in 2020 – THANK YOU, LORD!!
- All the usual good health, joy and peace this new year for my family, friends, fellow believers in Christ, and you readers of course!
- A national repentance and turning back to Jehovah God Almighty.
- In JESUS Name, MARANATHA 2020! MARANATHA 2020!
- And may there be THE BIGGEST FIREWORKS SHOWS WORLDWIDE AT THE SECOND COMING OF OUR LORD – or next Christmas, whichever comes first. Selah.
Share your expectations for 2020 in the comments. I would love to read them!
THANK YOU for following Importantstuff.Live previously and in 2020. Your encouragement fills my heart with true joy. My love to All and God’s blessings and prosperity for you and yours in 2020.