Will you let them get away with this forever?
Will they succeed forever in their heartless conquests? ~ Habakkuk 1:17 NLT
Habakkuk now has God’s attention. He has just accused God of being unfair!
Really? God’s own prophet? Yes, and The LORD just confirmed His plan to send Babylonian “heathens” to invade “the more righteous” nation of Judah! After more complaining, Habakkuk retires to the nearest watch tower and simply waits for the LORD’S reply.
It isn’t long in coming. The LORD methodically reminds Habakkuk that the future invasion is not a random act, but His judgement plan for the unrepentant sinful nation of Judah.
- First, God tells Habakkuk to write His reply in plain Hebrew on clay tablets. Don’t beat around the bush or gloss anything over. Then send it around the country by runners to warn the people so there is no doubt of what God’s says. The LORD states,
This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled. If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed! ~ Habakkuk 2:3 NLT
- Jehovah God says that the proud, greedy, extortionists and thieves will get what they deserve.
- Nation plunderers will be helpless while the surviving captives turn on them.
- Violence – Murderers and criminals will be ashamed as they die broke instead of wealthy from cheating others.
- Corruption – Cities built with money gained through murder and deception will crumble.
- Misery – Lofty evil doers will be brought low with no hope or salvation.
- Destruction – God’s judgement will fall upon those who strip their neighbors of everything and then gloat over their nakedness. Terror shall fill the hearts of those who terrorize wild animals, destroy forests, and worship idols.
- Discontent – Of course this doesn’t make anyone’s day. The world will know the glory of God Almighty – And fear His power!
- Moral Paralysis – While God’s Church looks the other way, the nation looks to its wooden idols for salvation. FOOLS!
- Court Injustice – Swept away along with the entire legal system.
- Righteous Minority – No longer apathetic, but now silenced by God’s command.
But the LORD is in his holy Temple. Let all the earth be silent before him. ~ Habakkuk 2:20 NLT
As for Habakkuk’s reaction? Fear! He quit complaining, humbled himself, and started praying!
16I trembled inside when I heard this; my lips quivered with fear. My legs gave way beneath me, and I shook in terror. I will wait quietly for the coming day when disaster will strike the people who invade us. 18yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! 19The SOVEREIGN LORD is my strength! ~ Habakkuk 3:16, 18, 19 NLT
Yes! The SOVEREIGN LORD is THE ETERNAL ONE. Praise Him! When He looks, the nations tremble! I feel that He is looking at America now. He is coming soon and His Church is not ready. When He stops, the earth shakes.
God’s blessings and Thank you for following
Feature Photo Credit: © Can Stock Photo / sorsillo