Of all the books in the modern world (almost 130 million), The Lamb’s Book of Life is the most important book – at least as far as it relates to every person who has ever lived. And why would that be?
Read Revelation 20-21
Notice the events of the Great White Throne Judgement, which takes place at the end of Christ’s Millennial Reign on this earth:
11And I saw a great white throne, and Him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works . . . 15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Emphasis added) ~Rev. 20 KJV
The scripture is meant to grab our attention. It is nearly impossible to read that verse and just move on without experiencing a strong reaction to the horrifying finality of verse 15 – a pang; likely followed by fearful thoughts, “Is my name written there?” And, “How can I know?”
1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea . . . 9aAnd there came to me one of the seven angels . . . 10And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God. 27And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life. (Emphasis added) ~ Revelation 21 KJV
Exactly who are they who are already written in the Lamb’s Book of Life?
- Believers that Jesus (Yeshua) is the only way of salvation ~John 14:6, Acts 4:10-12
- Fellow laborers in God’s fields of harvest of souls ~Philippians 4:3
- Witnesses to the Gospel of Jesus ~ Luke 10
- Overcomers ~Rev. 3:5
- Tribulation Saints ~Daniel 12:1
Whose names WILL NOT be found written in the Lamb’s Book of Life?
- Unbelievers, and those who rely on their own “works” to be judged holy before God ~Rev. 21:8, Rev. 20:12,15
- Those whose names have been blotted out! – Shocking, but true ~ Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19, Exodus 32:31-33
- Worshippers of the Antichrist ~Rev. 13:8
- Those who wonder after the Beast in the Great Tribulation ~Rev. 17:8
- Those who accept the mark of the Beast and worship his image ~Rev. 14:9-11
- Those who grieve the Holy Spirit of God (A whole other subject!) ~Ephesians 4:30
Someday all dead people of the earth will be resurrected to stand before The Lamb, Jesus Christ, at the Great White Throne Judgement. But we can know TODAY what our individual outcome of judgement for sin will be.
Today is the day of salvation. Today is the day to make a decision on where we will spend eternity. No one knows if life tomorrow will be granted. There is no opportunity to change the outcome after death. God loves us and has sent His Only Begotten Son, Jesus, to die in our place. Our Heavenly Father doesn’t want anyone to perish in the lake of fire.
For the Son of Man is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them. ~Luke 9:56a KJV
If you have never made a decision about this, take care of spiritual business right now. Prayerfully ask Jesus to come into your life; to reign and to rule; to be your Sovereign Lord:
- Accept that Jesus is the Son of the Almighty God (Jehovah), Who came to earth to offer Himself as a sacrifice on a bloody cross for our sins.
- Repent now and ask Jesus to forgive you for sin; and believe on His Name for salvation.
- Give your life to Jesus and ask that your name be written in His Book of Life! The world will say that redemption cannot be that simple. Well, God chose to make it simple for us and hard for Him! Jesus was beaten, tortured, and crucified for our sin – He Who had no sin. Our works will never be good enough to save ourselves. All we have to do is to make the right choice. Doing nothing about this dilemma is making the wrong choice.
- If you just trusted Jesus to redeem your life by His Truth, Congratulations! Welcome to God’s everlasting kingdom! You are saved! The angels in heaven are singing praises to God for your decision! One angel is now writing your name in that most important Lamb’s Book of Life!
- Thank Him and rejoice for delivering you from eternal damnation to the lake of fire!
- It is very important that you confess your decision to someone else. Profess by faith your confidence that you are sealed to Jesus and are redeemed by His innocent blood which was shed at the cross of Calvary for your sins:
Whosoever therefore shall confess Me before men, him will I confess also before My Father which is in heaven. ~Matthew 10:32 KJV
Email me to share your decision for Christ. That counts as confessing Jesus before men, yes! I will pray for you as you begin your new life in Christ. Find a Bible and begin reading in the New Testament, Book of John. Search out a Bible-believing-teaching-preaching local church and be obedient by following our Lord Jesus in baptism. You now have a ready-made witness to share with others about where your name is written!
Are there any other special privileges or rights associated with having our name written in The Lamb’s Book of Life? Definitely!
- Only those whose names are found written in The Lamb’s Book of Life will be granted entrance into the New Jerusalem. ~Rev. 21:27
- Only those found in The Lamb’s Book of Life have the right to eat the fruit of The Tree of Life (yes, that’s eternal life!). ~Rev. 22:14
God bless you, and thank you for following
3 thoughts on “The Most Important Book”
Thanks for your like of my post,”Teach Your Children.” You are very kind.
You are welcome. I agree with your points in “Teach Your Children”. Sad state of affairs that our children are lacking a basic education. Thank you for your military service to our nation.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you very much. Our children are political pawns.
LikeLiked by 1 person