Recently I awoke to these words ringing in my right ear,
“The Call of Jesus Christ is the most powerful!”
Oh my goodness; I sat straight up in bed!
Nothing like this has ever happened to me before … but after prayer and asking God for knowledge, I believe this message is exactly what it says. It’s what Jesus was called to do for us. God the Father did not send His Son into the world to save just one or a few. The divine plan of salvation is a gift to ALL. That definitely falls into the category of most powerful; and only Jesus could perform it. Only He, the Son of God, could become flesh; resist all temptation to sin; and offer Himself a perfect living sacrifice for ALL mankind. But first Jesus (Who is the Son of God, a Spirit) had to become flesh. Now that took a lot of power right there.
Which brings us to our Christmas message, “The call of Jesus Christ is the most powerful!” foretold way back in the Old Testament:
“For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end, …The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.” ~ Isaiah 9:6-7 NKJV (emphasis added)
And came to pass in the New Testament about 700 years later:
- “For unto us a Child is given” – In Luke 2:11 an angel states, “For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.”
- “Unto us a Son is given” – Mark 1:9-11~ 9It came to pass in those days that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized by John in the Jordan. 10 And immediately, coming up from the water, He saw the heavens parting and the Spirit descending upon Him like a dove. 11 Then a voice came from heaven, “You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
- The divine plan of salvation is a gift to ALL – Luke 2:10~ 10Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. 12And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.” and John 3:16-17 ~ For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. (emphasis added)
- “And the government will be upon His shoulder” – At His second coming Jesus will return and rule His kingdom (government) as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. “Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgement and justice from that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.” ~ Isaiah 9:7b.
Jesus will reign eternally but at a heavy price. Jesus laid down His life to be our Sacrificial Lamb. Innocent Jesus was beaten and then carried His own heavy cross on His shoulder from Jerusalem to Golgotha to be crucified for ALL mankind. He, who never sinned, carried all the burden of our sins upon His shoulder in order to free us from our sins and the penalty of death. John 8:36~ “Therefore, if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.”
- And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor– Isaiah 28:29~ This also comes from the LORD of hosts, Who is wonderful in counsel and excellent in guidance.
- Mighty God – John 1:1~ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- Everlasting Father –“I and My Father are one.” ~ John 10:30
- Prince of Peace – Luke 2:13-14~ 13And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying:14”Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men!”
John 14:27~ “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
- “The Call of Jesus Christ is the most powerful.” – John 10:17-18~ “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and power to take it again. This command (call) I have received from My Father.”
Our Father in Heaven, this Christmas may we realize there is more to the story of Jesus than His humble birth in Bethlehem surrounded by farm animals and shepherds. He is the fulfillment of Messianic Prophecy of the ages. He is our Sovereign King of Kings. His Eternal Kingdom expands as Your Holy Spirit helps us spread the Good News of His Coming to the world. He is the Prince of Peace because He is your only begotten Son who answered Your call to redeem the world of sin and restore everlasting peace. He is our Wonderful Counselor and Friend. He is our Mighty God and Savior. He is the only link we have to You, O Father; through believing in Him. Thank you, LORD, for that most powerful call placed upon the Holy One, our Messiah Jesus. In His Righteous Name, Amen.
Have a Very Merry Christmas!
… as you celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus. May your best Christmas gift to God be acceptance of the Lord’s gift of love to you – salvation by faith in His Son Jesus. If you’ve done that, guess what? You’ve increased the Kingdom!
Thank you for following Importantstuff.Live.
Live Nativity Photo Credit: © Can Stock Photo / Anke